CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daily Routine

I had a friend ask me recently what I do...besides being a mommy.  I giggled.  If you are a mommy with 5 kids, you know why; there is nothing else to do besides be mommy and wife:)  So I told her I would write out my typical day on my blog - here goes.
5:30 - 6am    Get ready for the day / read Bible
6:30 - 8am    1.  Make breakfast - either muffins/dutch babies/Amish oatmeal/pancakes,
                     sausage or eggs (rotates every other day), and fruit.
                     2.  Make 3 lunches to go; 2 for school and 1 for Rob - work
                     3.  Eat breakfast!
8am             Take kids to school on my drive day / Clean up kitchen / girls do dishwasher / start laundry                              (typically 6 loads every other day)/
                    check to be sure all children have made beds/cleaned rooms/lights out, etc...
9am             Start homeschooling / continue laundry / check e-mail / make calls / clean house/ or run errands
11:15           Prepare lunches for the 4 of us girls / clean up school / laundry
11:30ish       Lunch - sit down for (sometimes) 20-30 minutes:)
12pm           Clean up from lunch / laundry
12:40pm      Daily call with Rob - my favorite!!
1pm             Read books and get girls down for nap - usually just 1 down / continue homeschooling/ 
                    laundry
2:30            Leave for school pick-up
3pm            School pick-up - drive home
3:45            Help with homework / go over spelling and memory work / get snacks for kids
4:30            Off to practice - baseball or whatever, usually / if it's game day we don't come home, we stay                      on that side of town and wait to game (then return about 7:30pm to eat and bed)
5:30           Prepare dinner - usually takes at least 60 minutes
7pm           dinner  - if not a game night

8pm           Get kids ready for bed
9pm           Try to be done with house stuff - usually end up folding laundry on my bed
10-10:30   Sleep:)

My day varies with sports schedule and school events, but this is a "typical" day.  I don't sit very often - always to eat and usually to read a few books to the girls a few times a week.  I love my life and wouldn't trade it for anything....well, maybe trading it for a day off now and then would be good:)

No comments:

Kennell Family Vision

Our family vision is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind. We will reflect the image of Christ by fulfilling opportunities to bless, build relationships, provide hope, and extend God's love to people of all nations.
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26