CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Home Study

Today was our first home study interview for the adoption. A lady from Spokane came down and interviewed us for 3 hours. It was long, but comfortable. I am exhausted...probably from the accumulation of the past couple of weeks.
Then yesterday as I was cleaning the kids bathroom, I jumped down off the counter onto a sharp bookend (left by Hannah) and punctured my foot. It hurt SO bad! Rachel came over (she got a call from the clinic) watched Hannah and finished cleaning the bathrooms, THANK-YOU!!, I was picked up by Adina and taken to the ER then decided to go to urgent care(less $$) and pleaded with them to glue it rather than stitch me up. I'm not so sure why I was being a woos, but knowing a tetanus shot was coming also, I just wanted the glue. The Dr. complied with my wished and I'm now on crutches for 5 days. OK, that's not as easy as I would have thought. When we got home, Adina made lunch and did my grocery shopping. Rachel AND Eric came back over and scrubbed my chairs - WOW!!! I have friends in high places (well, next door!) It may not take a community to raise a child, but apparentely it takes one to help me. All is well now and we can relax until we have our last interview next Saturday.

2 comments:

Jon Bial said...

Wow, a little glue and you got lunch, the bathrooms cleaned, grocery shopping and some chairs scrubbed. I got seven stitches and had to vacuum the place while holding Sully! Hope you're feeling better. J

The Spence Family said...

I hope you are doing better Kimberly! It is so nice that you have great friends and family there to help you out! I am glad to hear all went well on Saturday too. I am so glad you have this so that we can keep in touch this way! Hope you all are doing well! We miss you guys!

Kennell Family Vision

Our family vision is to love the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind. We will reflect the image of Christ by fulfilling opportunities to bless, build relationships, provide hope, and extend God's love to people of all nations.
"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26